Re: [oletrucks] Transmission and Clutch

To: "Kevin D. Pennell" <oletwuk@fastrus.com>,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Transmission and Clutch
From: "Michael and Stephany Zaic" <mzaic@athens.net>
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 1999 20:40:31 -0500
I'll add my not so subtle opinion concerning the rebuilt clutches.  Don't
Waste Your Money!
A family member manages an autoparts store for one of the more reputable
chains.  He swore by the quality of these clutches.  They also came with a
lifetime warranty.  I figured that I couldn't loose.  Three years and 6
clutch assemblies later, I finally learned.  I'm REAL slow at this learning
concept!  I upgraded to a performance clutch when I upgraded from a 350 to
a 396.  I knew the rebuilt unit wouldn't make it long behind the big block.
 Seven years and nearly 65,000 miles later on the same clutch and still as
smooth and strong as new.

Michael D. Zaic
81 GMC Caballero w/ 396