Re: [oletrucks] Transmission and Clutch

To: KBToedirt@aol.com, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Transmission and Clutch
From: B&A Kettunen <bekett@uslink.net>
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 1999 23:10:51 -0600 (CST)
>I am rebuilding the transmission on my 56 3100 Chevy.  Does anybody know
>where to get some diagrams or pictures on how to put a 3-speed transmission
>with overdrive back together?  While I have it down, I am going to replace
>the clutch.  Would it be better to go with a new clutch or a remanufactured
>clutch?  Also, where is the best place to buy one?  Thanks in advance for all
>of the help.
>
>Kent Butler
>56 3100

The factory service manuals have excellent drawings, pictures, and
procedures on this.  You can get reprints from Chevy Duty or just about any
other old trucks parts house.  You should probably have one anyways.  I've
found it well worth what it cost.

I have a copy of the '57 manual and this is in there.  In the '57 manual,
this is in pages 7-1 through 7-33.

Bruce Kettunen
'57 3100 4 sp