[oletrucks] Tools for Rust Removal

To: "Old Chevy Truck List" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Tools for Rust Removal
From: "Deve Krehbiel" <dkrehbiel@kscable.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Dec 1999 19:23:47 -0600
I am trying desperately to remove ALL the rust and dirt on the truck.. ALL
of it. Every nook and cranny, around every nut, rivet, inside channels,
around everything. I am sorta obsessed with renewing the old truck. Right
now its up on stands and I have the frame under the bed (removed the bed)
finished and am working on under the cab. I do not want to remove the cab,
but I want it just as clean as if I did. Not ALMOST just as clean either. I
WILL succeed! hehehe!

I have a 3/8 variable speed drill with several wire brushes and a Dremel
Tool with the ONLY three wire brushes that are available. Here is the major
problem.......

The Drill removes the bulk of the rust no problem, the Dremel removes the
rest of it with pretty decent results so all should be great in lalaland..
but its not because the Dremel brushes last about... oh.. 5 seconds! I NEED
a solution for the close quarter work that doesnt cost $3 a brush and its
gone before you get a small location done. I am wondering if there isnt more
detail brushes available for the Drill that would work. Would need a drill
extension (havent seen any such thing anywhere) to get into the crevaces,
and smaller brushes than the 1-1/2" circular concave ones that are common.

Anyone have any ideas? If so, please give ideas on where to get the tools.
Thanks!

Deve Krehbiel
Hesston, Kansas
50 3100