Re: [oletrucks] Tools for Rust Removal

To: "Old Chevy Truck List" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Tools for Rust Removal
From: "Deve Krehbiel" <dkrehbiel@kscable.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 1999 18:22:07 -0600
Thanks for everyones input! I dont want to sandblast (or even soda blast)
because the garage its in is located inside the same building as our
business and the wife would kill me, sell the truck to pay for my burial and
go on about her life as if nothing happened! So in other words sandblasting
is out. Using chemicals is also pretty much out due to the smell, the mess
and the mixed results. I am pretty much relegated to wire
brush/scraper/dremel type removal which now that I have gotten some input
on, I am much better armed for the task. Anyone who hasnt seen the results
of this method would be amazed. I am getting ALL of it off really well and
the truck really shines. Thanks everyone! I learned about where to get drill
extensions and where to get more heavy duty dremel accessories. Im good to
go!