Re: [oletrucks] need some advise

To: "Charles Culver" <sculver@iwl.net>, <MLayton324@aol.com>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] need some advise
From: "Doug Pewterbaugh" <dpewter@email.msn.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 1999 18:42:50 -0600
I also still run the standard 4.11 rear end, but am looking forward to
putting in a 3 SPD OD tranny that will give 30% drop in RPM's for given a
speed.  I would like to keep the closed drive shaft, but the tranny requires
an open one.  I also run 7.50 X 16's (stock was 6.00 X 16's); with the
standard 3 SPD I can now do 55 for extended periods (50 all day long),
although I do have insert type rod bearings, I also have cast iron pistons.
Mike, I forgot what model/series truck you have but if you have/can
change/want to change to an open drive shaft, your choices of rear end
ratios expands considerably.  Even if I stay with a 4.11 ratio (even going
open drive shaft), the OD will theoretically increase my 50 to over 70 & my
55 to over 75 and I will still have the great "stump pulling" 4.11 rear.

Regards,
Doug Pewterbaugh
dpewter@msn.com
Denton, TX