RE: [oletrucks] need some advise

To: <MLayton324@aol.com>, <OLETRUCKS@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] need some advise
From: "Kevin D. Pennell" <oletwuk@fastrus.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 1999 17:58:37 -0500
Mike,

  I've been working on my 59' with hopes of using her as a daily driver as
well.  A friend of mine sent me the following down-and-dirty on his 235
build (47' Fleetmaster) and I'll include it here for you.  Maybe an idea or
two???  He's running a mid 3:?? rear end, and has absolutely no trouble with
power.  He's been happily ranting and raving over this engine combination
for a long time, and pulls a teardrop trailer all over with the set-up.

<<<(From Dan...

The 235 build-up I have in the 47  is bored .030,  Got a corvette cam,
Mallory dual point distributor,  Fenton cast headers,  Offy intake with
dual Rochester BV's.  I have an 848( casting) head that is pocket polished
and ported giving a compression ratio of about 8.5.  I reduced the head
pipes to 1 1/2 inch to build grunt, which it did, and run 31" glass packs
with 2" tail pipes.  The package builds top torque at 2500 rpm and redlines
at 4000 rpm.  It moves the Fleetmaster real good, looks so cool,  and the
pipes really bark when you get into it!  The package would work well in "B"
as I've seen several trucks running the hot inline!  Saw one 235 with a
blower and a 4bbl in a 58 Apache!  It really burned rubber!>>>>

Some of you Inliners out there have input on effective combinations as well,
I'm sure!  Looking forward to following this thread!  Good luck on that
daily driver Mike!

Yours, Kevin P.
59' Apache 38/NAPCO