Re: [oletrucks] need some advise

To: <MLayton324@aol.com>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] need some advise
From: "Charles Culver" <sculver@iwl.net>
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 1999 17:02:35 -0800
it had good power before but the 4.10 was impossible to travel with

Mike-

Just based on my own experience, I sold my '94 Toyota 4x4, and have driven
my '50 3600 regularly since.  I have a recently rebuilt 235 with the 4
speed.  The rear end was stock, and although it had enough torque to pull
oak trees out of the ground, I wasn't comfortable driving on the interstate.
I installed a 4.10 rear end and big tires (16's), and can now run with the
big dogs, so to speak.  Not only did these small conversions increase my
driving speed by about 40% at the previous RPMs, but obviously has increased
my gas mileage.

My 2 cents worth.

Good luck!

Smokey Culver
'50 3600 5-window (mine) & '56 3600 (hers)