Re: [oletrucks] Floor board HELP!

To: Ole Trucks <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Floor board HELP!
From: WR Teto <monadnoc@crystal-mtn.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 1999 01:43:50 -0500
Jack had some good suggestions Jeff.  I'm in the same situation, and I plan to
use trial and error by building up some temporary supports out of 2x4's and
plywood to hold the seats until I get to what seems a comfortable position (head
and leg room etc.).  Then you can experiment with what looks and feels good with
the steering column.  I pulled a tilt column out of a 70's Camaro, but don't
plan to locate it in reference to the dash until I sort out the seat height.
What will you be using for seats, and do you have them yet?  I got a couple of
buckets salvaged from a Toyota at a flea market for real cheap ($25 for the
pair).  I still have the original seat riser in the truck and I plan to use some
angle iron to build a platform into that to act as a base for the seats.  I will
have to add to it for the height, but then I can wrap the base with sheet metal
and then carpet over it.  I might even build some sort of center console as
well, unless I can find something in the junkyard that looks good.  Most of this
will be a bit later however as I still have to get the replacement floor panels
welded in.

BTW, if there is anyone local on the list that is interested in an original
bench seat (from my '53 3100), I'd part with the cushion, back, and metal frame
for $50.  Pickup in central Mass. only.  I don't really want to get involved in
shipping this however.

Wally / Templeton, MA
53 3100