[oletrucks] Floor board HELP!

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Floor board HELP!
From: "Jeff Davis" <jsd51@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 1999 15:35:15 PST
     Maybe someone out there can help me. I pulled the seats (buckets) and
carpeting out of the AD today and under the carpeting was about three large
chucks of sheet metal. Obviously not original so I removed all of it and put
it in the round file. Also the PO must have taken the phrase "Floor Board"
literal. Seems he screwed a few pieces of 1x4 to the floor.
     The only thing I can figure is that after removing the original bench
and the bracing that went under it he must have figured that he needed a
stiffiner.
     Anyway, now that you know the problem here is the type of info. I need
for a solution;  When I install a newer split bench, how far will I need to
raise the seat to make it set at the proper height for driving, and at the
same time reinforce the floor board? Ideas? Materials?
     Also I plan on putting in a tilt wheel and installing a column drop.
How far should I drop the steering column? I'v seen these for sale in
different lenghts like 2",3" etc. Figure this will coincide with
raising/bracing the seat so if anyone has a combination that's real comfy
I'd sure appreciate hearing about it .
     Positive side to all this is that the whole floor board is real solid,
except where the po machine gunned it with sheet metal screws. :)
     Thanks in ADvance for any and all suggestions.

Jeff Davis
'51 custom