[oletrucks] 53 body to 72 frame-chassis???

To: "oletrucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] 53 body to 72 frame-chassis???
From: "Lyle Castens" <redsfast@bellsouth.net>
Date: Sun, 19 Dec 1999 13:38:26 -0500
Just a couple of green-horns here... with no experience and even less
money... been lurking here for quite a few months and have learned a lot
from the wealth of advice you all have shared...

We're doing our first restore/modification... we're looking to put a front
clip in our 53-3100 to accommodate a 350 and auto tranny, but knowing we
also will have to change the rear end (and replace the closed drive shaft),
and Momma insists on better brakes (disc), we're kind of wondering if (or
why?) we could not just move the 53 body onto a late 60s to early 70s (2wd)
frame or chassis... Any advice or experience with this possibility?

Thanks in advance,
Zach & Lyle Castens
53 1/2 ton 3100