RE: [oletrucks] 53 body to 72 frame-chassis???

To: "Lyle Castens" <redsfast@bellsouth.net>,
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] 53 body to 72 frame-chassis???
From: "Tibbers" <tibbers@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 1999 02:00:44 -0800
Zach/Lyle,

There are several options for getting modern steering and braking under your
truck that may prove as easy and in the end be a better choice.  Literally
anything is POSSIBLE......so you COULD put the 53 cab on a later model
frame, but I suspect you would be happier with the results of a clip or a
cross member, or even retaining the stock front axle and adding new
bearings, discs, and steering with one of the kits that are available from
several suppliers.  The rear is probably the easiest to solve with a number
of junk yard solutions available....

Most all of the kit applications are set to provide you with proper
geometries for suspension and steering while maintaining a virtually stock
track and appearance.  The later rigs have different frame configurations
and track such that the body looks (to my eye) to be "perched" on the frame
somewhat awkwardly.

Whatever you choose to do, stick with the list here, these folks have done
most everything......and good luck!

Gordon