[oletrucks] Modern Remote Oil Filter Kits for 235ci's

To: oletrucks-digest@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Modern Remote Oil Filter Kits for 235ci's
From: DeLibre@aol.com
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2000 02:06:25 EST
Now that I've got my Clifford water heated intake manifold and headers, I'm
kind of at a loss for what to do with my stock oil filter mounting.  Hate to
mount it on that new manifold.

I noticed that Mr. Gasket, and a few other vendors have a remote oil filter
assembly that allows you to use a modern style thread-on filter with a
housing that mounts on your oil filter- some even use a dual cartridge
filtration.  Chevy Duty has a beehive canister oil filter assembly, which
mounts on the firewall (though how the stock oil lines will make it back that
far, I don't know), and uses the stock canister-type filter..

I'm thinking it'll make it easier and more likely to change oil and filter
frequently if I can switch to a modern filter system that I can pick up at
the FLAPS.  Mr. Gasket sells one for chev V-8's dating back to '56, but only
from 62 on for inlines, and their tech support doesn't think it would work on
a 235, but their 56-59(?) V-8 parts listing has the note that most V-8
engines from '56 to something used canister oil filters, and that they'll
need an additional adapter part, leading me to believe that the same kit
would work on a 235ci canister-type assembly.  Their kit's oil lines seem to
be a lot bigger than the 235's stock lines.

Maybe somebody can tell me if the stock canister type filtration systems and
external oil lines were the same for the Task force V-8's and the I-6's.  I
tend to think ole' Mr. gasket is neglecting us inliners as far as classifying
applicability goes.

Anybody's experience with modern oil kits on these ole' TF inlines would be
appreciated.  Thanks.