[oletrucks] spare tire carrier

To: Ole Truckers <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] spare tire carrier
From: Bill Porter <porboy298@email.com>
Date: Sat, 5 Feb 2000 17:25:24 -0500 (EST)
Tim, I mount my spare tire standing up with a home made
metal rack, like a 3 in piece of chanel iron, with a bolt
through a hole at the right height, bolt head spot welded
from the back side with a nut a washer combo holding the
tire and rim tight to your mount. I either clamp or bolt
the mount to the top, or side and or bottom. Doesn't take
much to hold tire in place. My design does leave a hole but
gets the tire out of your way and standing up does take up
the least room. Opps, by the way I do have it inside the
bed, not outside. Will try to take pictures and foward it
on.
Bill