[oletrucks] Pitman and steering arm ball help

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Pitman and steering arm ball help
From: "Rich Gallagher" <rgallagrrr@mcn.net>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2000 22:49:21 -0700
Thanks everyone for the help on the drag ling for my 50 1 ton.  I've soaked
it a couple of days and cleaned it up tonight and it does look worn.  What
appears to be worse tho is the condition of the balls on the steering arm
and the pitman arm.  Both have gouges and groves in them.  Can someone tell
me where I can get new balls for both?  How do I take the pitman arm
off--looks like a gear puller would do it but I don't want to damage it.
Any suggestions?  If I find new balls for both, how are the installed?  TIA
(again) for the advice.
Rich Gallagher
50 1 ton & 56 3200