Re: [oletrucks] Chopping the top, while waiting for Spring

To: "Ole Trucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Chopping the top, while waiting for Spring
From: "WR Teto" <monadnoc@crystal-mtn.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2000 22:53:34 -0500
Thanks for all the offers to swap cabs for my 5 window.  I'm not sure you want
my New England rust
project in any case!  And that was a nifty pic Kevin.  I figure if I do decide
to chop the top, I
will do something similar and keep the 5-window as that's really the part my
wife likes about the
truck.  Right now I got my hands full just fixing all the rust in the floor,
cowls and kick panels,
so chopping will take a back seat for the moment.  Maybe when the cab gets back
on the frame (thanks
for the tip there Alan).

I have updated a few of the pics on my web site, mostly work-in-progress of the
aforementioned rust
repair.  Please excuse the welding, the grinder will be getting a workout!  My
work schedule has
softened a bit, so hopefully that means more garage time and thus newer photos
in the coming weeks.
                          http://w-gator.homepage.com/53truck1.htm

Also thanks to Pete for stopping by the other day with the photocopied article.
 He's a good boost
for my morale and it's fun to chew the fat with another lister and get some
ideas at the same time.

Wally / 53 3100 rod project