Re: [oletrucks] Chopping the top, while waiting for Spring

To: "Ole Trucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Chopping the top, while waiting for Spring
From: "WR Teto" <monadnoc@crystal-mtn.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2000 09:00:06 -0500
Thanks Alan.  Yes I had heard of folks grinding the windows down to a smaller
size, mostly with poor
results.  I suppose if plexiglas is available, that's an alternative, but I'm
afraid I wouldn't like
the look, next to the other glass windows.  It's looking like I'll put it on
hold for a while
anyway.

And thanks to Bill for the advice as well.  I always said I'd never buy another
vehicle with rust
problems, but in the northeast that's nearly impossible.  Actually I don't mind
doing the repairs, I
feel it's teaching me some  useful skills, hopefully to be implemented on my
next project.  I can't
print here on the list the words that came out of my mouth when I did my first
restoration project,
a 1971 MG-B.  I swapped the entire front and rear ends from a donor vehicle so
I could switch from
steel to wire wheels.  My wife could tell you the air was pretty blue in the
garage.  I still get
reminded of that every once in a while.

Wally