[oletrucks] Rust Question

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Rust Question
From: Steven C <podunkjr@netscape.net>
Date: 3 Mar 00 22:22:00 PST
For those of you with AD trucks I was wondering how I should go about
eliminating rust in an awkward spot in the cab. (My truck is a 3 window) That
spot is in the back of the cab on the inside there is that metal panel that
covers most of the rear of the cab. There is some rust behind that panel and I
was wondering how I should go about getting rid of it because I'd really hate
to leave it there. Should I cut out the panel, sand off the rust and seal it
and weld it back or pour some sort of rust sealant that doesn't need sanding
or what? The prob. with the later is I don't know if I'd be getting it all.
And the prob with cutting it is it might not look right or even warp when it
gets rewelded. What should I do? Please help! Thanks.

1951 Chevy 3100 Pick Up