Re: [oletrucks] Rust Question

To: Deve Krehbiel <dkrehbiel@kscable.com>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Rust Question
From: ADvent@thuntek.net
Date: Sat, 04 Mar 2000 16:15:54 -0700
There is no paint problem with this system. There is a process to prevent
hydrogen imbrittlement, but I forgot what that was and this place takes this
step. With this zinc process, you could drive a bare body on a salty New Jersey
road all the time and the body WILL NOT rust.The paint will stick to the zinc
with no problem. This company does work mostly for industrial projects. Witchita
should have a plating company, it is a big city. There is a powder coating
comapny in Fresno Calif and you could drive a truck in its oven. Man, it is big.
Oh yeah, You don't have to be able submerge the intire cab. It can be turned a
few times as needed. Of course, there will be a streak in the zinc, but who
cares, its getting painted anyway.