Re: [oletrucks] Rust Question

To: dcvjrv@flashcom.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Rust Question
From: Advdesign1@aol.com
Date: Sun, 5 Mar 2000 16:54:38 EST
To the best of my knowledge, Do metal bumping and welding before zinc
plating.
then use a light coat of etching primer to bite into the Zn, then epoxy
primer over that.  Then do filler work.  You don't want acid to touch filler
.  They explained the reasoning at paint school last year, but I forgot the
details.  Possibly acid will leach out benzoil peroxide from filler and stain
topcoat eventually.  Don't use more hardener than necesary.
Bob ADler