Re: [oletrucks] Rust Question

To: Steven C <podunkjr@netscape.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Rust Question
From: ADvent@thuntek.net
Date: Sat, 04 Mar 2000 14:14:13 -0700
I would strip your cab of everything and take it to a plating company, not a
chrome shop. The plating company will more likely have a tank large enough to
dip
the whole cab in the various cleaning tanks. Tell them you want the cab zinc
plated. It will go through a soap dip, then several chemical dips and then the
zinc plating dip. Even if you scratch through the zinc, it still won't rust.
Obviously, a chemical dip will get to even the hardest area to reach. Then do
what
I like to do, paint the underdash white. it will make it a lot easier to see
when
working  under the dash.
new mexico jim
51 two ton dump