Re: [oletrucks] Smokin 235

To: "Grant Galbraith" <trks@javanet.com>,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Smokin 235
From: "G. Simmons" <gls@4link.net>
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2000 16:15:59 -0800
The rebuilder on my old Buick told me that they always make the pistons and
rings fit a little looser than stock because the replacement pistons have a
tendency to expand a little more, and of course, the walls are that much
thinner.  So he said to expect a little smoke until the operating heat comes
up.

I must say that what you describe sounds more like an unrebuilt engine.
Maybe the rebuilder could be helpful, since the problem may reflect on his
workmanship.