Re: [oletrucks] Smokin 235

To: Don Hartman <dhartman@sunvalley.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Smokin 235
From: Grant Galbraith <trks@javanet.com>
Date: Tue, 07 Mar 2000 12:13:37 -0500
Thanks again for the suggestions. I changed to 10-30 oil yesterday and have
driven about 75 miles, still smokin'. I notice no smoke out the tailpipe and
never noticed any smoke the first 12K. It won't smoke out the crankcase at
speed but will billow out once I back of the throttle to an idle. The shop
that rebuilt my engine specified a preference to cast rings because he said
he has had trouble with chrome seating, unless they are chrome molly. All
parts came from Patrick's in a kit. Hardened no lead seats and cast aluminum
pitons.
     Unfortunately just as the weather has turned good enough to take the
truck out I have to drop of the list, leave my truck home and take a working
trip to Florida for a couple/three weeks. Hey Jack, is there any thing
happening down there this month.

Thanks Again, Grant