Re: [oletrucks] young guys

To: <KBToedirt@aol.com>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] young guys
From: "Lonnie L. Dickey" <mdickey@silverback.gorilla.net>
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2000 00:38:44 -0600
Ok. I think my last reply was trashed at the mailer so try, try, again.

What IS a young person? I am "young" and just about to turn 50!
I will never be "old" and you can ask my wife about that.

I like both "rods" and restorations.

I have done both and each have their own merit.
I usually take the value of the vehicle in a restored
condition as the decision point. I wouldn't "rod" a
classic '59 Vette! It's too pretty and worth a lot more
in restored condition. (Incidentally I am looking for
just such a project.) The same could be said for other
automotive classics. I couldn't imagine doing a "rod"
out of a Gull Wing Merc. (As if I could ever get my
hands on one.)

As for my current ride. I have a '53 5window. I can get
more for it now that I have made it "new all under". All
I have to do to sell it is show up at the local tracks and
field queries.

Lonnie