[oletrucks] 305

To: Old Trucks List <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] 305
From: J Forbes <jforbes@primenet.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2000 15:26:50 -0700
Hi...I agree that you may not find a 305 in a 99...they use a V-6 and
the newer design V-8 that is really the same as the new Corvette engine.

If you figure out what year it really is, then you can let us know, and
we'll tell you what we think.  If it's a TPI 305 from a late 80s Camaro,
then it's probably worth it...if it's a TBI engine from a late 80s
Camaro, then it's iffy.  If it's from a 90s camaro, then we'll have to
figure out just what it is first.  The 700R4 went to electronic shifting
about 1993, so if it's the electronic tranny (identified by LOTS of
wires on it), then you'll need to have the engine computer working
properly to make it shift at all.  If you are really interested in
adding fuel injection to your truck, then this may be a good deal for
you, no matter which engine it is (as long as it's an 87 or newer)...but
if you think that may be too much of a challenge, then hold out for
cash.

Good luck,
Jim