Re: [oletrucks] Still need help on the shocks

To: "Deve Krehbiel" <dkrehbiel@kscable.com>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Still need help on the shocks
From: "Jack Halton" <safesix@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 19 Mar 2000 19:58:57 -0500
I probably have the same factory assembly manual as yours - POS reprint - I
don't know who put this thing together but the diagram you refer to is from
a 55 1st series. This is after the change to open driveline. Confirm this by
looking at section 4 2.00. That's hardly a torque tube driveshaft.

Disregarding that rather misleading fact, the drawing is basically correct,
as far as the shock mounts, anyway. The U-bolts are different because the
torque tube axle uses a flexible spring mount arrangement to allow for
slight changes in pinion angle.

My lower shock mounts ('51 GMC, but same as '50 Chev - trust me on this) are
FORWARD of the axle and the tabs point DOWNWARD. The tabs are outboard of
the spring.

Jack / Winter Park FL