Re: [oletrucks] Still need help on the shocks

To: "Bruce Michaels" <hbn@ojai.net>, "Jack Halton" <safesix@earthlink.net>,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Still need help on the shocks
From: "Deve Krehbiel" <dkrehbiel@kscable.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Mar 2000 19:24:46 -0600
No, this is the problem... if I were to mount a shock on the top mount only,
the lower mount would have to be pointing up and behind the axle for the
angle to be even close. Still, the way you and others are describing is
probably correct since the front mounts were too steep for the shocks as
well. Thanks everyone for responding.. I will go ahead and install the
shocks with the lower mount in front of the axle and the tab pointing down.
If anyone disputes this, please speak up. Suits me fine since thats the way
I installed them in the first place. I wish the Factory Assembly manual was
better. Not just here but in a lot of other places as well.

I think part of the problem here is that I have re-arched the leafs
(over-arched by 1") and then teflon strips inbetween each leaf. This changes
the length of the shock when mounting it so it would seem steeper than
otherwise?

Deve