Re: [oletrucks] 55 Chevy How fast?

To: J Forbes <jforbes@primenet.com>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] 55 Chevy How fast?
From: ADvent@thuntek.net
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2000 08:46:48 -0700

Talking about going 80 on AZ freeways? Don't do it through Flagstaff. I to
live there for years and that is one big speed trap town. The speed limit
is only 65 mph and will pull you over for 70 mph or less if you look like a
criminal. But, what does a criminal look like. I agree on the brakes thing,
too. I overheated my brakes on a 65 Ford pickup towing my Chevy diesel
pickup and lost all my brakes near Ash Fork. I got stopped by exiting the
freeway and coasting up the on ramp and blowing the stop sign at the
bottom. I am grateful that I had just happened to have a clean pair of
Levi's. That was on I-40 westbound at milepost 150 or so. Its about a 10
mile grade and it would be so easy there to speed built up to a 80 or 90
mph or more in a nice car before you realize how fast you are going (not in
my AD, of course).
new mexico jim