Re: [oletrucks] Radiator

To: <ADvent@thuntek.net>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Radiator
From: "joe" <chevy1@jps.net>
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2000 19:50:19 -0700
I'd have to agree and disagree.  I agree that a high stall converter
increases heat to the transmission but it also reduce the heat transfer to
the radiator.
    I recommend the high stall converter for all the HP Engines I build for
the light weight Street Rods I work on due to the vehicles tendency to lurch
forward at stop signals and this lurching is a load on the engine that
creates engine heat!
    If I'm building a ground up rod for someone I recommend a 4-core
radiator with electric and mechanical fan if room permits, separate location
for Transmission cooler and Evaporator.
    I had a nasty time dealing with the temperature problem when I first
installed a V-8 in my 50 Chevrolet Truck years ago but following the above
principles had no difficulty with my blower motor with A/C.

Joe
http://chevy1.freeservers.com/
http://jeepster.freeservers.com/
http://50chevy.freeservers.com/