Re: [oletrucks] Radiator

To: "Andy Johns" <andy51chevy@mindspring.com>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Radiator
From: "joe" <chevy1@jps.net>
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2000 10:58:09 -0700
I've driven my 1950 since I was 16 yrs. old and started out with a 283 small
block with 350 transmission and 69 chevelle rearend.  I did increase the
engine size to 350 and then the fun of dealing with the heating problems
started.  I hadn't added the A/C yet to try it with the stock recored
radiator.  Here's what I had to do to make the 350 work with the stock
radiator:
a) move Tranny cooler from in front of radiator to below "reduced heat to
radiator"
b) High stall converter B&M 2400 "to reduce pulling feel and load on engine
at stops"
c) Had mechanical but added electric fan in front of radiator PUSHER STYLE
to aid air flow in traffic
d) HEI Distributor "hotter spark" help running and lower idle
e) Dual exhaust with flow masters to reduce back pressure and engine run
better.

I'd have to say that adding and A/C condenser in front of the radiator is
going to force you to upgrade to a 4-core radiator.  I ended up going to a
4 - core triple flow radiator.

Joe
http://chevy1.freeservers.com/
http://50chevy.freeservers.com/