Re: [oletrucks] Passenger-side vent

To: "Lee Glenn" <lglenn@webslnger.com>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Passenger-side vent
From: "joe" <chevy1@jps.net>
Date: Wed, 3 May 2000 07:25:44 -0700
>Does this mean you also filled in the hole in the firewall?

Lee

I filled in every last one of them "counted close to 50" and smoothed
everything out.   That was the main objective of my build-up, a clean and
spotless truck with some major horsepower that didn't need any modifications
to the firewall or wheel wells.  Their are NO WIRES OR ANYTHING PASSING
THROUGH THE FIREWALL OR SHOWING ON THE WHEEL WELLS......just nice and clean.
When you look at the engine all you see is a major lung with polished
everything from the valve covers up!  All my wires pass thru the frame!

I've driven the AD's since about the age of 12 when I would drive my father
fishing.  I've learned to love those Deluxe "Passenger kick panel mounted"
heaters" for the tremendous heat output and defrosting ability.  If your
planning to drive the truck in the winter, I'd recommend leaving the vent
because that heater is gold in the winter time.  It's kept me warm on many
of hunting trips when the snow and chill was unbearable.

I can help buying those heaters everytime I see one and at last count have 3
spares (for my future projects).

The only other option that may work would be to weld up the vent holes and
create a new air inlet under the fender?

Joe
http://chevy1.freeservers.com/
http://jeepster.freeservers.com/
http://50chevy.freeservers.com/