Re: [oletrucks] Shipping big items

To: sculver@iwl.net, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Shipping big items
From: Passnb4U@aol.com
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2000 20:42:19 EDT
In a message dated 6/26/00 5:32:05 PM Pacific Daylight Time, sculver@iwl.net
writes:

> I bought a hood for the '56, and am now faced with the dilema of getting it
>  from California to Texas.  Anyone have any ideas?  FedEx and UPS won't take
>  anything this big, nor will the post office.
>
>  Thanks-
>
>  Smokey Culver
>  '50 3600 5-window (mine)
>  '56 3600 (hers)
>  League City, Texas

  I'll tell ya what NOT to do:)  Don't have it shipped airfreight unless it
is crated.  I bought a hood a few months ago for my IROC from Ky.  Airborne
Express said to just bubble wrap, then cover with cardboard....What I
received was a wasted pice of sheetmetal.  ONly saving grace was that I
insured it against damage just in case....but it's been two months now, and I
still haven't gotten my money back yet.

  With that said, I don't think my hood would have been in good shape even
crated, unless it was done in some of that foam stuff and secured 100%.

  Anyway, good luck,
  Mike