Re: [oletrucks] Shipping big items

To: "Charles Culver" <sculver@iwl.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Shipping big items
From: "Jack Halton" <safesix@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2000 08:00:29 -0400
If you are not in an urgent hurry for your shipment, I recommend
Transportation Logistics in Wilson, NC. They are not a carrier, but a
freight broker, and will arrange your shipment on available space. I used
them to ship an engine (400 lbs)  from CA to FL. Cost was $114, about 1/3
that charged by other carriers. You must declare the cargo as salvage auto
parts class 50 for this kind of rate. It must be banded to a skid pallet.
They do not deliver to your door, the item will go to the nearest freight
terminal. I think the same is true for pickup, but am not sure.

Their phone number is 800-831-0791. Ask for Valerie.

Jack Halton
51 GMC 1/2 ton
Winter Park FL