Re: [oletrucks] Firewall Plugging

To: "Ole Trucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Firewall Plugging
From: "G. Simmons" <gls@4link.net>
Date: Sun, 2 Jul 2000 21:35:57 -0700
Unsupported bondo would not be good for this.

It would work itself loose like a bunch of little wine corks.  On the larger
holes, say, over 5/16, I seen pros recommend that you cut a plug and don't
try to fill the entire hole with weld, because too much heat builds up.

I saw a nicely welded firewall on an AD though, where the guy told me he
didn't cut any plugs, so use your own discretion.  Smooth the welds with a
flap disc and finish with a sander, finishing with light bondo or just
sandable primer.

Regards,

Grant S.
54 3100 (mostly all there)