Re: [oletrucks] Beam axles on newer big trucks

To: "Old Trucks List" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Beam axles on newer big trucks
From: "G. Simmons" <gls@4link.net>
Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2000 17:41:07 -0700
I rented a new Isuzu Cabover with an 18' bed about a year ago.  It had a
straight axle and leaf spring suspension and was surprisingly comfortable.
I drove it from sea level to about 8,000 feet, and it handled like a sports
car.  I didn't spare it through the turns, but it stuck like glue.  The 4
cyllinder turbo diesel was real good, too, although it wouldn't flatten your
eyeballs, but it moved that big truck up the mountain fast enough not to get
passed by very many.  The fuel bill didn't kill me at the end, either.

Regards,

Grant S.
54 3100 (mostly all there)
54 3100 (mostly not there)