[oletrucks] Was I out of line?

To: Ole truck listserve <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Was I out of line?
From: "Alan D. Gingles" <agingles@nucleus.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2000 13:58:42 -0600
We just got back from a small town show'n'shine. No entry fee, but it
was put on by the local A&W
and Dairy Queen stores, not a car club. I got a little p*ssed off that
there was no incentive to be there.
There were no door prizes, just a few trinkets for the "peoples choice"
winners. 70 mile round trip to
the event, and not even a discount on a meal at either restaurant! Gas
isn't cheap any more. I asked about this and was told
they didn't really care what I thought, as I was the only one who
complained. My question is this: if I
drive 70 miles to park in some restaurants parking lot to bring in
customers for them, is wrong to
expect at least something for my trouble? Or am I just getting cranky in
my old(er) age? Any
thoughts on the matter?

--
Alan & Karen Gingles