Re: [oletrucks] The things you find while cleaning...

Subject: Re: [oletrucks] The things you find while cleaning...
From: "tcape" <tcape@weblnk.net>
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2000 11:48:47 -0400
Back in the '50s and '60s, my dad used to drop his spare change down into
his gas tank on all his Chevy trucks.  He traded trucks every two years, and
when he would go to Chattanooga, TN to buy a new truck (Chevy only, of
course), the dealer would always have to remove the gas tank to get all my
dad's change out.  Then, my dad would use the change for a "down payment" on
a new truck.  He once got over $300 in change out of the gas tank.  In 1956,
my dad got his picture on the front page of the Chattanooga Times holding
the gas tank and pouring the change into a bucket.  Great pic....at the
Chevy dealership, standing in front of his brand new 1957 Chevy pickup!
Hmmm.....I remember spinning the wheels a few times in that one.  :D
Tom Caperton
47-2nd 3100....in Whiteville, NC