Re: [oletrucks] seat belts

To: "Old chevy truck advice" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] seat belts
From: New Mexico Jim <ADvent@thuntek.net>
Date: Fri, 04 Aug 2000 07:05:58 -0600
I used belts from a Hyundia. They mount very easily. I drilled a hole in the
cab corner for the shoulder harness on my 57 big window. I used a pneumatic
chisel to open the hole up a little. I used a arc welder and zapped the
retaining nut so the rod would stick to the nut and bent the rod so I could
slip the nut in the cab corner's new hole while I tightened up bolt. The
retractor system MUST be perfectly vertical. The little ball that rolls around
to engage the lock can be used as a leveling gauge. It is inclosed in a clear
plastic cover. The seat belt bucket part that comes out of the middle of the
seat will be too short. I used some chain from Home Depot and bolted together
using 3 washer that were progressively  smaller in OD at the bolt head for
maximum strength. I then used black tape to firm up the chain so the belt
buckle doesn't slide under the seat and to stop the chain from rattling. I sure
got lots of looks with a shoulder harness, especially from big brother.