Re: [oletrucks] 6V- 12V

To: trks@javanet.com (Grant Galbraith)
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] 6V- 12V
From: Tom3600@webtv.net
Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2000 23:06:40 -0500 (CDT)
Grant -
Many thanks to you and everyone that told me to put the ignition ballast
resister between the ignition switch and the coil in the main hot wire.
I recently had the 6V starter rebuilt and had a new switch installed on
top...I wondered what that little side terminal was for.... because my
old one didn't have one on it.  Now I know that it can be used to give
the points a shot of pure 12V when I push on the starter pedal.
The reason I even thought I needed a ignition resister was that it was
listed in a parts catalog (LMC) along with the voltage regulator for '55
Chevy 2cd series trucks.  The 12v generator and coil that I am using are
from a '55 2cd 235 ci. that I am rebuilding for future use.

Tom

Tom Poterack
Moline, IL.
'49 Chevy 3600