Re: [oletrucks] Task force door- price? source?

To: ryan_border@hp.com, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Task force door- price? source?
From: Passnb4U@aol.com
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2000 19:32:43 EDT
ryan_border@hp.com writes:

> I've pretty much come to the conclusion that I need a new drivers door:
>    1) Lower hinge mounting (internal) rusted
>    2) Leading edge bent to hell
>    3) Large piece of steel brazed to back of window frame...
>       and other indications frame has been bent badly in the past
>    4) Skin is a mess, from attempt to repair #1
>
>  Maybe I could spend several weeks trying to save this door- but it seems
I'd
>  be
>  better off just starting with a new (better) door.
>
>  There's a place not too far from here that has some decent doors for sale-
>  but the guy
>  wants $400 a piece.  That seems a tad steep to me.  I suppose it's maybe
OK,
>  if you consider
>  he includes hinges, windows, etc.- but all I really need is the shell.
>
>  A couple questions:
>   o How much should I expect to pay for a decent, unrusted, reasonably
>     straight, task force drivers door?
>   o Anybody know a good source?  I'm in Colorado, but don't mind buying from
>  afar if
>     shipping isn't prohibitively expensive.
>
>  Thanks-
>  Ryan Border

  That seems kinda steep on the price, I just sold a cab and two real nice
doors for 500 bucks, from a '55-2nd series, I think I got fair trade.  The
doors were complete too, cab was stripped of everything inside.

  I have a few doors left, need just a little work, but very, very
salvagable, problem is as you mentioned....shipping each one would probably
run 150-200 bucks....FWIW, though, for 400 bucks, I'd want a complete,
primered, no-bondo door, for that price, and I'd have to be desperate.

Mike