Re: [oletrucks] ORIGINAL

To: "john j tonyes" <flfox1@juno.com>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] ORIGINAL
From: "Doug Pewterbaugh" <dpewter@email.msn.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2000 09:25:30 -0500
Not completely original, but very close.  The only things that aren't
original on mine are the frame (liked 50 model tube type shocks better), cab
(again, like 50-5 window better than 49-3 window first acquired, but all
features of both are the same-i.e. drivers side vent (with small handle
swap), passenger side fresh air heater vent cowl grill, only difference is
the hinges on the glove box-I dare you to tell the difference, but I saw
when disassembling-even the floating vs. screwed in headliner bow is the
same since I had a late model 49 cab to start with), the rear was change by
PO to 53-so it has bendix style innards on the brakes (still closed
driveshaft, though)-front is still 49 huck style & oh ya, the motor is from
a 53 car-still a 216, but has side mount bosses that I just filled with
bolts & painted with the rest of the engine.  Also, borrowed some fenders
from the 50 & have had a few items chromed that weren't originally so.
Otherwise, Everything "else" is completely (& competently) original or very
good repros.

Regards,
Doug Pewterbaugh
dpewter@msn.com