Re: [oletrucks] ORIGINAL

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] ORIGINAL
From: "Deve Krehbiel" <dkrehbiel@kscable.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2000 16:56:22 -0500
Its pretty hard to keep things totally original. In my frame up restoration
I swore to keep everything original and have worked hard to retain that
philosophy. Yet, there are certain things that would simply be wrong to keep
original, like clutch head screws (I want totally stainless steel screws so
they just arent available in clutch head), 6 volt system (mine will look
exactly like a 6 volt system but have the brighter lights, better heating,
and starting going to 12 volts), and stainless steel brake and fuel lines.
These updates go along with my plan to not only restore, but preserve. You
can be stubborn about sticking with strictly original and then end up with a
less than optimal result if you ask yourself where the truck will be in
another 50 years.

My newest aquisition, a 50 3100 will NOT be original because with todays
highway speeds, my fast paced lifestyle, and my desire for comfortable
driving, original just doesnt cut it. A 261 engine, overdrive tranny, and
high speed rear end will be just the beginning.

Deve Krehbiel
Hesston, Kansas
1950 3100 * 1949 3600 * 1948 4400
www.speedprint.com/Deves50/index.html