Re: [oletrucks] long beds and quadrajets

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] long beds and quadrajets
From: bob_keeland@usgs.gov
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2000 10:40:42 -0600
Brian,

     I cannot say anything about the quadrajet, but as for the long bed I
have to agree that I like them.  They may not look as sporty or as good
with the 'down in the dirt' look, but I like them.  Several people have
told me that I need to shorten the bed.  Also, they are much better for a
working truck.  I haul a lot of things in my truck and a long bed is much
superior.  Don't pay much attention to what others may think.  Do what you
like!  After all, it is your truck.

BobK
51 3100 5-window (project)
54 3600 5-window (doner)
Arnaudville, LA

                    "Brian _"

                    <pkupman57@hotmail.c        To:
oletrucks@autox.team.net
                    om>                         cc:

                    Sent by:                    Subject:     [oletrucks] long
beds and quadrajets
                    owner-oletrucks@auto

                    x.team.net

                    10/31/00 09:19 AM

                    Please respond to

                    "Brian _"

hi all,
my '57 is a long bed,. its a 3200 and has the longest of the 3 bed lengths
that were produced then, also, i have a quadrajet on my 355. most everyone
know who is into cars and such says long beds arent worth anything. has
anyone else had people tell them this? why? personally, i like the long
beds
a LOT more than the shorties,. theyre good, but the long beds look more
proportional to the length of the cab.
most people i know also say quadrajets are "quadrapukes" and
"quadratoilets"
why? mine works perfectly, even having never been rebuild, i get 20mpg on
mid grade gas, and theres still plenty of power in it. whats so bad with
them?

one last question,.. will a '70s 350 water pump create too much presure for

a stock heater core?  i have my original to truck, non-leaking,
non-corroded
heater core, and am wondering if i could hook it up straight to my water
pump, of if i should put something in the feed line to keep pressure down.

thanks.
Brian M
Atwater, CA
'57 Chevy 3200