[oletrucks] Re: oletrucks-digest V2 #1140

To: owner-oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Re: oletrucks-digest V2 #1140
From: JGWolford@aol.com
Date: Sat, 11 Nov 2000 08:09:06 EST
I have owned my 1957 GMC for over four years and purchased it from the
original owner.  Last year I had it stored and previously had a lube shop do
the grease job.   Last weekend I did it myself and realized that the bottom
King pin zerk would not take grease.  Also, not all four zerks on the front
shackles take grease.  However, I am more conerned with the king pin.  Both
king pins are tight and I do not wish to take them out.  My time is limited
and at the present rate I might finish restoring the truck in ten years.
Today I will take the zerks out and spray some penetrating oil inside.
Hopefully this will loosen things up.  Any other suggestions would be
appreciated.

Thanks