[oletrucks] a little advice...please

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] a little advice...please
From: roliver@cablelan.net
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2000 00:45:35 -0800
  Hello;
  I`ve been a "lurker",picking and choosing bits of wisdom from the
list members.I thank you all for your knowledge and willingness to
share it.After a lot of time and as little money as possible,I have
collected most of the parts needed to modernize my `49 GMC.I
have obtained a Pacer front end and the kit to install it,stroked a
350/383...puts out just over 450 horse....using a Ford 9" rear end.
  now the questions
 1)what automatic transmission would you guys suggest...a friend
  suggested I use a 2 speed hydromatic
 2)looking for the best  60/40 power bench seat
 3)is there a gas tank that will fit between the frame rails or am I
   better off to spend the bucks and buy a custom tank
 4)tilt column ....buy an ididit ...or is there a factory column that will
    work well?
 5)any suggestions on a power brake set up ...buy a kit (which
    one?) or use a factory set up and do any modification
    needed...I`d like to, keep it as simple as possible
    That`s it for my questions..... thanks in advance .....in the spring
     will have a bunch of stock parts for sale (those Yankee bucks
    are real valuable north of the 49th)I am about an hour north of
   Orville ,Washington.
                                                     Thanks,
                                                   Bob Oliver
                                                     `49 GMC