Re: [oletrucks] In defense of the farmer

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] In defense of the farmer
From: "W&D" <haist@jps.net>
Date: Sun, 3 Dec 2000 13:15:16 -0800
Another $.02 on the subject...

Remember that time changes the perspective on alot of things, old vehicles
included.
As the years go by, the value of older vehicles goes down and down.  They
hit a point where obsolescence is a big issue, parts are hard to get, and
the cost to repair is more than what the vehicle is worth.  Any more money
in is more money down the drain so most people move on to something newer
and better.  At that point it's hard to visualize the ol' heap as a classic
sometime in the future and even it they did, few people are in a position to
store the ol' beater until that time comes.  Farmers, at least usually had
room to keep them around.

As more years go by, the true classics become rare and sought after, parts
are reproduced and once again they're cool!

The '39 half ton I bought this year for close to $2000 (broken down and
forlorned) I found out from a previous owner that he bought it in the early
'60 for..... get this..........$15.

I'm just glad that someone used enough bailing wire to keep it around till I
found it. ;-)

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!
<><
Whitney Haist