Re: [oletrucks] In defense of the farmer

To: "old truck list" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] In defense of the farmer
From: "Woods E. Houghton" <woodecindy@caverns.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2000 07:49:04 -0700
I missed the farmer deal but I farm and ranch,  My grandfather a veteran on
the Cuba campaign and W.W.I was a good mechanic, I inherited some of his tool.
He told me once do you know the difference between a farmer and a rancher.  A
rancher does with rawhide what a farmer does with bailing wire.  It is more
true then you may think.  Why do we love these old truck?  Because we can
climb under the hood and work on them, and they respond like a purring kitten.
The new ones are good and nice but are more for the computer technician then
the shade tree.  I don't know what was said about farmers and rancher but God
bless them, they feed us, cloth us, and shelter us.  Not only that but their
ingenuity is seen in every AD truck, that who they built them for.

My 2 Cents worth
Woods