Re: [oletrucks] painting frame

To: stephanie@annexe.cwnet.com, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] painting frame
From: Barry Heigher <bheigher@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2001 16:44:02 -0800 (PST)
Stephanie,

Just finished my frame painting yesterday.  I used
NAPA acrylic enamel.  It is mixed with 8 parts paint,
4 parts reducer and 1 part hardener.  The color on the
can says Black Negro -- think the NAPA number was
8800.  If you are going for original this may not be
the right stuff but I think it looks good.  Ended up
using nearly two quarts of the paint.  Paint was $28
per can and hardener was $45 (choke) for a pint and I
forget the price of the reducer (mid $20s I
think)which came in a one gallon can. Of course you
will need something for clean up as well.

Barry
http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/