Re: [oletrucks] painting frame

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] painting frame
From: "Deve Krehbiel" <dkrehbiel@kscable.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2001 20:46:40 -0600
The way I did it is outlined on my web site. Wasnt easy, but it was done
right. Sandblasted, etchant primer/fillered then sanded smooth, epoxy
primered, urethane topcoat. Expensive in both time and money but I am very
satisfied. It is the hard way. I asked many questions from the best painters
on this list, local body shops, and researched different methods on the
internet and decided to do it this way. Powder coating I hear is pretty good
too but with only one drawback that I "hear" is a problem... it chips
easily. I figure the 9+ coats of primers and paints I applied should last
awhile. I am always interested in the way others do this since I have 3
other trucks to do.

Deve Krehbiel
Hesston, Kansas
1950 3100 * 1949 3600 * 1948 4400 * 50 3100
www.speedprint.com/Deves50/index.html