Re: [oletrucks] painting frame

To: stephanie@annexe.cwnet.com,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] painting frame
From: "Bill Current" <bcurrent@csu.org>
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2001 19:21:23 -0700
I would recommend you either use POR15 paint, or have it powder coated.
Depending
on how far down you strip the frame would probably determine the route I would
go.  I plan to have my frame sandplasted and then powder coated.  Checking with
some local places, I can get it sandblasted for under $100, and then powder
coated
for under $75.  You do of course have to take EVERYTHING off the fame to do
this,
but that is the plan.  If you did not want to remove everything, the POR15 paint
is good stuff, but watch it:  as they say on their products "They know what
permanent means!" and that stuff will not come off after drying.  This is
especially important because if you get it on your skin and it dries, it is
there
till it wears off! BTDT!

Good luck,
Bill C.