Re: [oletrucks] difference between 1/2, 3/4 ton

To: <stephanie@annexe.cwnet.com>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] difference between 1/2, 3/4 ton
From: "Doug Pewterbaugh" <dpewter@email.msn.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2001 20:37:10 -0600
Everybody jump in here!  The = ton & 3/4 have different frames for sure (the
='s side rails are tapered back to front, while the 3/4 is straight).  The 1
ton, I don't know.  I believe the cabs, fenders, grills & doors for them are
all the same (1= ton & up get bigger pieces of parts, sans cab).  A lot of
the springs & brake parts get bigger as you go up too (= to 3/4 to 1 ton),
as well, the drivelines are different (= ton was closed all the way until
54, 3/4 is closed from tranny to about 2/3 back & then rides open from a
carrier back to the diff., 1 ton, again, I don't know).  The data books &
even the shop manuals have a lot of this information.

Regards,
Doug Pewterbaugh
dpewter@msn.com
Denton, TX